Do you have a piece of Boone County history that you think should be preserved through our museum? The museum will collect items that relate to Boone County history and development, providing that they meet one or more of the criteria listed below. This includes items made in, used in, or materials that reflect present day or historic Boone County.
- Object(s) must be relevant to and consistent with the purpose and activities of the Society.
- Acquisitions will be acquired through donations.
- The Society shall provide the storage, protection and preservation of the objects.
- Item(s) will have permanency in the collection as long as they retain their physical integrity, their identity and their authenticity and/or as long as they remain useful for the purpose of the Society.
- All moral, legal and ethical implications of the acquisition must have been considered.
- All donations of materials are considered outright and unconditional gifts to be used at the discretion of the Society.
- Title to all objects acquired including copyright where applicable, shall be free and clear, without restriction to use or future disposition
- The Society does not appraise or authenticate objects offered as gifts.
- The Society does not accept items on loan unless it is requested by the Society to complete a temporary exhibit or display
- The Society shall refuse to acquire materials and objects which there is cause to believe that the circumstances of their collection involved needless destruction of historic sites, buildings, structures, habitats, districts and or objects. No material of objects shall be knowingly accepted or acquired which are known to have been illegally collected in the United States contrary to the state and or federal law, regulations, treaty and or conventions.
- Photographs being donated must be identified.
- Items donated must be accompanied by provenance, if possible, as they have more meaning if a history is accompanied.
All donations MUST be accompanied by the proper paperwork. For your convenience, you can download our Deed of Gift form and complete it prior to bringing your donation in.
Please download and print the below form.